(mac) application menu

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Wed Nov 14 09:19:40 EST 2007

Hi Peter,

Just make sure to give the standalone the preferred name in the
Standalone Application Settings. You will find this name in the
General pane.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier.
http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com

Op 14-nov-2007, om 3:35 heeft Peter Brigham het volgende geschreven:

<snip>

> Problem 2. When I first created my recipe stack I named things
> somewhat hastily, and I tried once when I was mostly done to create
> a standalone, then went back to revise a bunch of things. As I
> developed it further I renamed the stack file and the main stack,
> which was originally named "recipeFile". I also chose a different
> name in the standalone preferences for the eventual application.
> When I converted it to a standalone finally, it was named properly
> in the Finder (as specified in the standalone preferences), but the
> application name as it appears in the application menu on the mac
> (and in the "quit <myApp>" menuitem) is the original name of the
> main stack, "recipeFile". And nothing I do results in altering
> this. I have changed the name of the main stack, the label of the
> main stack, the name of the application bundle in the standalone
> preferences, the name of the stack file, but the old "recipeFile"
> stubbornly continues to be what appears next to the apple menu in
> the standalone, and in the "quit" item of that menu. There is
> *nothing* now in the stack file that bears the name "recipeFile" --
> not the name of the stack in the Finder, not the main stack name,
> not the main stack label, nothing. I don't know where the
> standalone builder is getting the string "recipeFile" from at this
> point. Did it somehow save it from when I originally tried to make
> the first standalone?

<snip>