Sticky Menu Bar on OSX

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Nov 13 06:13:42 EST 2007

I have a main stack with a substack. In the substack is a group of three
pull down buttons

File Edit Help

intended to be enabled only when distributing as a standalone.

Now... it has been a while I can't remember if I set this up using the
IDE's menu builder or if I did it manually. My problem is (was) I can't
(couldn't) disable it!

I can edit the menu bar and then save with the menu bar disabled.
and get the full IDE menus back.

I no longer see a "menubar" field in the prop inspector for the main stack
(I could have sworn in MC and early versions  of Rev the stack
inspector had a menubar field in the stack inspector, where you enter
the group name....
perhaps I'm missing something)

If I make stack the top stack, issue an "edit menus"
I get the IDE menus back.. than I can check the "Menu Builder"...
I uncheck the menu bar option for OSX. the Dialog for
the Menu builder is now completely blank, empty, dimmed.

I also commented out:

--> all handlers
ON preopenstack
    --set the menubar of this stack to "NatchintanaiMenu"
  --  set the defaultmenubar to  "NatchintanaiMenu"
END preopenstack

I  examined custom props of all stack and substacks, no matter where
I went I was unable to disable that thing...

Each time I saved and re-opened the stack (even after a full quit out of
Rev an reboot...) the menu bar keeps coming back and taking over...

Finally I got the idea that the menubar prop must be
a) completely hidden in the Rev IDE
b) the menu builder is buggy and not actually setting the menubar prop
to empty when you uncheck it
c) Rev forgot to put the menu prop in the stack inspector...

leaving me one option: manually, in the msg box

"set the menubar of this stack to empty; save this stack"

OK it worked! but "Golly Gee Ma" isn't there *any* way
to enable and disable a menu bar stack in the Rev IDE?
without having to roll your own menubar manager scripts?

So this is a long winded window on what happened and
a request to ask if we should BugZilla this or, am I just
missing some key thing in the IDE?

skts