Planning ahead for threads and more interactivity in rev apps

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Nov 13 02:51:11 EST 2007

Hey X,

I had to do something like this quite awhile back on XP, and (if I remember
correctly) I managed to either shell a .bat or use open process (can't
remember which), which returned control immediately to Rev. Then I could
watch a temp file and do stuff when it changes. The 'send in time' or 'wait
with messages' seemed to work fine for me, no lost mouseclicks or anything.

To me it seemed much simpler than actually writing multiple Rev apps which
talk w/each other.

-C