Anyone noticing stalled uploading? find a solution?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Mon Nov 12 15:27:42 EST 2007

Thanks everyone for all your help.

I think found what was causing my problem, which was checking for the
same filename on the remote server before each upload.

Continually getting the remote list of files was stalling my uploads
(I think).

It seems to be fixed it by using "load" to cache the files in the
remote folder first, then accessing the cached list instead of
hitting the remote server multiple times:

         put theFTPstring(tLineNum) into tFTPstring

         if the uCachedURL of me is not tFTPstring then
             load URL tFTPstring
             set the uCachedURL of me to tFTPstring
         end if

Here's the whole handler, suggestions and criticisms welcome!

    if the hilite of btn "rename with unique name" then
         -- check for same name file on remote server

         put theFTPstring(tLineNum) into tFTPstring

         if the uCachedURL of me is not tFTPstring then
             load URL tFTPstring
             set the uCachedURL of me to tFTPstring
             reportStatus "just set the tFTPstring to" && tFTPstring --!
         end if

         put URL theFTPstring(tLineNum) into tList

         repeat for each line tLine in tList
             delete word 1 to 8 of tLine
             put tLine & cr after tRemoteFileList
         end repeat

         delete char -1 of tRemoteFileList
         put tRemoteFileList into tRemoteFileList2
         filter tRemoteFileList with "*" & tFileName & "*"

         if tRemoteFileList is not empty then
             put stripExtension(tFileName) into tFileNameRoot
             put theExtension(tFileName) into tExtension
             repeat
                 add 1 to x
                 put tFileNameRoot & "-" & x & "." & tExtension into
tFileName
                 put tRemoteFileList2 into tRemoteFileList
                 filter tRemoteFileList with "*" & tFileName & "*"
                 if tRemoteFileList is empty then exit repeat
             end repeat
         end if
     end if