Rev cgi on Win 2K server, anyone ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Nov 7 12:55:59 EST 2007

JB-

> servers. Last but not least, the whole thing must be up and running by
> next monday...

!!!

> what I'm more concerned with, is to find a Rev cgi engine that runs
> on a Win2K server. Your above mentioned post to the list featured
> a link to a Rev engine for Win... do you know which version it is
> (at least 2.5 I hope), if there's no problem with it (such as missing
> C libraries) and if it includes the revdb library (I will need to access
> mySQL 5) ?

I'm not at that machine at the moment, but I'll check it this evening when I
get to it. IIRC I used 2.6.1. I don't recall using the db library with the
cgi setup: I was particularly interested at the time in using ajax and css
in conjunction with script-generated html files. That part all worked out
fine. And there's no specialized cgi engine for Windows - I just grabbed the
rev engine and installed it in the IIS cgi directory. (and fiddled with IIS
permissions and config files, etc until it worked).

>> ...and remember, of course, that the line endings are annoyingly
>> different on Windows cgi scripts...
>
> that's not a problem, as I'm using BBEdit on Mac as a script
> editor...

<g> you're in good shape, then. But I still think it's a pain to have to
remember to fix the line endings each time you move a file over to the
Windows server. And the error message you get when you haven't fixed them is
quite misleading.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net