use-revolution Digest, Vol 50, Issue 10

Jonathan Scott songe at agate.plala.or.jp
Tue Nov 6 03:14:43 EST 2007

Howdy,
	Thank you to everyone who pointed me towards my solutions.
	I still don't know exactly what is going on, but here are the
solutions I figured out after receiving your advice:

openstack not functioning
	I just put in a new card with nothing on it (as the first card in
the stack).  In it's handler I put in an "on idle" handler that does
nothing but issue "send 'mouseUp'" statements and then moves the user
to another card afterward (to a place where there is no "on idle"
handler).

text files not being written
	The big problem was that text files were actually being written.  I
just couldn't find them for a few minutes sometimes.  Sometimes I'd
have to wait a very long time for the files to pop up on the screen.
My assumption was that the finder's ability to update every viewable
portion of the hard drive can take a lot of time.  IOW, the file was
there, it was just that the finder hadn't moved in to update that
part of the screen yet.  So, my workaround was to have all files be
saved to a folder on the desktop.  Because the desktop is closer to
the top of the hierarchical structure, it is probably updated with
much greater frequency.  I still don't know if this is a good
decision.  It works though, so I'm happy.

	Thanks again everybody.

On Nov 6, 2007, at 3:00 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com