Problem with revExecuteSQL - More

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Nov 1 21:28:43 EDT 2007

On 1 Nov 2007, at 23:43, Brian Yennie wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I feel your pain, but unfortunately I don't think it is possible
> for the Rev documentation to encompass all of the nuances of
> working with XML and databases. There are entire libraries
> dedicated to those subjects, and there are times when Rev will only
> be able to provide a bridge.
>
> It's always nice when the Rev docs can predict and document common
> tasks, but the reality is that if you are working with XML
> extensively, you'll want to grab a reference on XML (which would
> cover encoding/decoding special characters). Ditto for databases -
> Rev supports several, but can hardly document all of the nuances of
> each or even begin to deal with SQL in general.
>
> With that said, there is a bright side - the expertise of this list
> =) !!!

Yes, but there really is no need for it. Right now this information
could be posted online and integrated into the RunRev Doc window.
Then *anyone* could post updates, hints, etc. By anyone I mean
someone who has signed up and who is trusted. Newbies would have
instant access to new info, etc. There would have to be rules and
regs of course, but, lets get with 2007?????

Cheers and thanks a lot for your help
All the Best
Dave