Place to stash a text file in Vista thats shared by all users?

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 11:33:41 EDT 2007

Watch out for this though. It's been my experience, and maybe it's
just some sort of bug for now in Vista that will later be fixed, that
even sometimes writing to C:\ProgramData will cause things to be
redirected to the user's VirtualStore, which in some cases may be
okay, but in other's not okay at all.

I found the Public Documents folder to be about the safest place for
me. I realize it's maybe not the best place to store a prefs file, but
it seems to work best as far as all users being able to access it,
without things being redirected to the VirtualStore. The official path
is C:\Users\Public\Public Documents.

My two cents...

Chris Sheffield