USB or Bluetooth GPS

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu May 31 16:02:07 EDT 2007

Hi Chris

Theoretically you should be able to talk to the Bluetooth serial port
like to any other serial port. I know that they get a COM descriptor on
Windows (at least my adapter does), and should thus behave like any
other serial port. However, how it would work on other platforms I do
not know.

If you get it to work, I'm sure others would be thrilled to know how,
and with which devices.

cheers
Björnke

On 31 May 2007, at 21:52, Chris Condit wrote:

> I've been looking over various GPS devices, and see a couple that
> might work that use either USB or supply "Communication with Host
> platform Via Bluetooth Serial Port Profile" and wonder if anyone can
> give me a pointer as to which, if either I might be able to use with
> Revolution.

official ChatRev page:
http://chatrev.bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers: