All this talk about DataBases - but how to select?

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Thu May 31 09:18:56 EDT 2007

I was wondering about the speed of using filemaker with a RunRev front end
in comparison to using RunRev with SQLite or Valentina.

I have been using SQLite and don't have very many records but do some
convoluted SQL that is fairly slow (many joins). I also use SQLitemanager in
conjunction with my RunRev front end as it saves me from writing a lot of
stuff that the SQLitemanager already does well. It is also excellent for
testing SQL.

I would like to try Valentina and compare but have been unable to import my
SQLite database into Valentina's demo for testing. It always chokes on
something in my data that it doesn't like.

I have also been thinking about using filemaker with the RunRev frontend
because filemaker has lots of stuff already done for me (much more than the
SQLitemanager) so using it in conjunction with RunRev might be a really
powerful solution.

EXCEPT

I haven't tested the speed of accessing filemaker databases through RunRev
yet. Anyone done this?

On 5/31/07 3:34 AM, "Peter Alcibiades" <palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> Its the kind of thing which would take me all of an hour in Filemaker complete
> with the csv import