All this talk about DataBases

-= JB =- sundown at nwrain.net
Wed May 30 20:53:45 EDT 2007

I have never used Valentina or the other database
mentioned but here is a question if I decide to use
one I make in Revolution.

One user said he was working with one million or
more files so lets use that as an example.  If I were
to make a text file with one million card ids in item
one and the user name in item two and then put it
into a variable and perform a search for the id and
retrieve the name:

1.  What is the speed comparison to a database
2.  Is there a limit where this would not work or
would be too slow in Revolution and why.  If the
Revolution search is too slow could a person
write a faster search as an external.

thanks,
-=>JB<=-