All this talk about DataBases

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed May 30 14:55:02 EDT 2007

On the other hand (and I'm not actually advocating it, since I've
never tried it), it would also be possible to build indexes of the
data that are kept in memory, while keeping the actual data in a
collection of many stack files which are then loaded and unloaded as
required.

As I say, I've never tried this (or needed to), but it might be an
interesting experiment sometime.

Best,

Mark