Ed-Media/AACE CFP

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed May 30 14:02:00 EDT 2007

Judy. here is another fun thing for K-12 market

(actually some adults told me the secretly used it... too...)

go stack URL
"http://www.himalayanacademy.com/studyhall/mystic_mouse/mysticms.rev"

I did this in 1999-2000 originally in metacard.
when I really did not know what I was doing!
So the UI really is pretty bad... but

Amazingly.. that thing it still works...

check out the neat action:
gets GIF from the internet. kids can open up the paint tools color swatches
and dump colors into enclosed areas.  I only discovered this by accident
years ago (that you could fill colors into enclosed bit map areas)

it's a lot of fun it you are into coloring....

I had some kids tell me this was the *only* thing their mom would allow them
to access on the internet. I took it off line because I never really
finished it.. and
it was a bit ahead of it's time (in 1999, when I said around here that
it would
be neat to deploy digital edu tools via the net, everyone would must
blink at me.
Today, the idea is coming of age)

I really should update this thing.. I've been told by one child educator
expert
that  it has a lot of potential... just no time here...

But if you want to show something that makes it really obvious that
powerpoint is simply "soooo 1980's" this might help..

Sivakatirswami