All this talk about DataBases

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Wed May 30 12:09:02 EDT 2007

Hey Dave,

My first comment when I started this thread was "another great
controversy" (smile). No question but what HC had its limitations.
Without CompileIt I would have been real discouraged back then; but
as the machines got faster, particularly with my externals written in
native HyperTalk and compiled with CompileIt, I was able to do some
pretty great things. At least my clients were happy. (most of the
time). These really weren't the issues that I hoped would - and DID -
surface on this great list. I'd try a summary at this point, but
doubt that I would do most of it real justice. AND if I just had the
time. Besides, Richard did a pretty darned good job of that already.

Thanks to each and everyone of you who contributed to this Q&A about
Data Bases. I think it has been very valuable; whether or not it has
changed any minds.  It has certainly given me some ideas and
approaches that would not have had otherwise. Fortunately, for the
kinds of things I, personally, will be doing, I will find Rev's
capabilities more than adequate, as will most of Rev's users.

Joe Wilkins