All this talk about DataBases

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Wed May 30 01:10:39 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----

> Mac OS X. It was very fast loading the text file. But each record was
> fairly small, so 40,000 of them wasn't as large as one might think. It was
> measured in megs rather than gigs, but I don't remember exactly how big it
> was.

The original data I'm looking at importing is well and truly over one
million records.  Naturally I don't expect to bring this into *any* single
file format complete and would be breaking it down into to sub categories of
sub categories.  The text files on a *nix system take around 3 Gig unpacked.
On Windows this is increased to a factor of four (70% of which is slack
space).  So I'm indeed valuing the input I'm seeing here from HC etc vets.

Scott Kane
CD Too - Voice Overs Artist  & Original Game and Royalty Free Multi-Media
Music
Arthur C Clarke