All this talk about DataBases

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Tue May 29 23:40:30 EDT 2007

Chipp,

don't you fear stored procs? (does SQLite has stored procs?)

Yes, the RAM issue is very important. When we built the lexicon, we
started with a 9 megabytes stack (due to a mistake with a background
group by yours trully), we wondered about RAM issues. We optmized the
stack and now I think it has couple megabytes. It's all very fast and
we keep checking memory and cpu use on the server, we're not
experiencing any trouble.

On the other hand, for another project we have for collecting
statistics on multiple clients to a central server where we will use
complex query to make sense out of raw data, we use postgreSQL.

andre