Re-2: Sorting lines

runrev260805 at m-r-d.de runrev260805 at m-r-d.de
Tue May 29 19:58:16 EDT 2007

Hi again,

played a little bit with sorting a few text files.

The following code works fine for my previous given example:

set the itemDelimiter to ";"
sort lines of field "Field" by item 4 of each

tried also
set the itemDelimiter to ";"
sort lines of tVariable by item 4 of each
put tVariable into fld "Field"

With the above code i tried to sort a text file with about 2900 lines.
Sorting this file by item 2, which contains just numbers, works fine.

Sorting the same file by item 37, which cotains alpha-numeric characters , does not work.
I get blocks of sorted lines. For example, I get some lines sorted by "Notebook", then i get some lines sorted by whatever, and then there are again lines sorted by "Notebook", and so on. The same with other entries in item 38.

Any idea?

Matthias Rebbe