MP3 Patents, was id3libv1.0.0

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Tue May 29 12:34:02 EDT 2007

The below "chilling effects" link was from 1998. Those guys wanted to
charge a hefty per-song fee as well then. Yeah, right.

  That was a long time ago, and there are a lot more shareware out
there still using MP3 encoding. What about LAME?

Also if Fraunhoffer patented the process in the 80's or 90's,
remember that patents granted before 1995 only have 17 years before
expiring, which could be Real Soon Now.

Interestingly, Fraunhoffer are giving away music and CROSS PLATFORM
(including LINUX) players for 5.1 SURROUND!! SDKs, too. Their
encoding software is all command-line (therefore a possible Rev
project!).

http://www.all4mp3.com/

--

stephen barncard