[ANN] id3libv1.0.0

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue May 29 06:44:16 EDT 2007

Scott, can you point to anything specific about id3 patents? I've had
a good poke around the links you provided, and could find nothing...I
did find this, on http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/formats/fdd/
fdd000108.shtml

> Disclosure
> Fully documented. Developed by Martin Nilsson and colleagues; see
> ID3.org web site.
>
> Documentation
> Documentation and specifications for all subversions and addenda at
> the ID3.org developer's page.
>
> Adoption
> Very widely adopted for World Wide Web dissemination and playback
> on specialized devices.
>
> Licensing and patent claims
> None, except use of the copyrighted logo is licensed by Martin
> Nilsson at no cost.

Which makes sense, since the ID3 standards were created by Martin
Nilsson, and maintained by him.
There's nothing I could find on id3.org to suggest that Alcatel/
Lucent have anything at all to do with id3 tags.

Best,

Mark