Cannot exit to top in modal

Michael Binder runr at prismpole.com
Mon May 28 23:15:41 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,
Would some kind soul explain what I am doing wrong?

I have a mainstack "myApp" and a substack "myModals".

The mainstack has a button:

on mouseup
   open stack "myModals" as modal
   doSomeThings -- unless the user cancels the modal
end mouseup

The modal substack has a "Cancel" button:

on mouseup
   close stack "myModals"
   exit to top
end mouseup

If the user cancels the modal substack, I do not want
doSomeThings to execute.  But despite the "Exit To Top"
control structure, doSomeThings does execute.  Why is that?

I do realize that I can get the results I desire by setting
a global or a custom property in the substack and testing
for it in the mainstack.  But I don't understand why "Exit
to Top" doesn't work.

Thanks, in advance,
Michael Binder