External Writing Help

Bridger Maxwell bridgeyman at gmail.com
Mon May 28 03:49:13 EDT 2007

Hey,
  I am trying to get my feet wet with writing externals for Revolution, and
I must admit I am a little stuck.  I read the newsletter articles on writing
externals, and found them extremely helpful.  However, I only have a very
basic understanding of C++ and I need some help.  There is a framework I
would like to use that would enable me to communicate with a Bluetooth
device, but it is written in Objective-C.  From the newsletter, I only have
the C++ "glue" code that allows the external to bind with Revolution.  Is
there an Objective-C build environment I can use, or is it possible to
invoke the functions in the Objective-C framework from my C++ code?  This is
for OS X, and I am using XCode.  I am in above my head, and any help would
be greatly appreciated.

   Thank You,
     Bridger Maxwell
     www.FieryFerret.com