Trying to control OKI Microline 590 24-pin printer

rgould8 at aol.com rgould8 at aol.com
Sun May 27 14:55:57 EDT 2007

 Well, what I'm trying to do is create a tool that allows a shipping company to print their shipping forms, but use data from a host-based database.

I would have thought that Microsoft Excel would be a lousey print-formatting tool too, but somehow they use it.? If I can create a tool that can do this and bypass Excel, then it's a win-win.

The goal would be to allow a user to enter data via a nice GUI front-end, and then allow the user to select that data record at any point in time and print the shipping form to the dot-matrix printer.