How to dismiss a modal dialog (was: Re: Ask & Answer)

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun May 27 11:12:36 EDT 2007

Hi Joe,

> Hi again everyone,
>
> OK, so I’ve created a modal stack that ignores everything else.
> That’s good.
> Now how do I transfer data from that modal stack to the continuing
> script
> that opened the modal stack? Maybe dialogData has something to do
> with that but I
> don’t understand that command.

"the dialogdata" is a built-in global variable, so no need to declare
it.

In your modal stack you can fill this variable when closing the modal
stack
and tehn retireve this variable in the following lines of your script.

Example:
In your modal stack "yourmodalstack" you have a field "field 1" where
the user can enter something.
Then you can put this into your "OK" (or whatever button closes your
modal stack) button script:

on mouseup
   set the dialogdata to fld "field 1"
   close this stack
end mouseup

In your script that opens the modal stack:

on mouseUp
   modal stack "yourmodalstack"
   ## now you can check "the dialogdata"
  answer the dialogdata