Trying to control OKI Microline 590 24-pin printer

rgould8 at aol.com rgould8 at aol.com
Sat May 26 22:34:54 EDT 2007

Say, I'm writing an app for a company that prints shipping paperwork on a 24-pin OKI Microline 590 24-pin printer.? I've started off by getting my hands on some working Excel spreadsheets that print to the printer, with the correct character positioning and spacing to fix exactly in the right spaces on the page printout.

My questions are:

1)? Is there a way I can somehow detect the character positioning that spits of out Excel, so that I can replicate it in Revolution and print to the printer?

and

2)? I'm also toying with the idea of making the printout entirely web-browser based - - - if I did that, I'd still need to work on getting the exact character-positioning for the printer.? Any drawbacks?

and

3)? In the event that regular ol' HTML browser text doesn't work, anyone know of I can somehow dynamically create a PDF document from a web-server that could be printed that would do the same thing?