Abode Tools Died -- > Back To RunRev!

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat May 26 16:30:04 EDT 2007

It seems with the upgrade to CS3, as some are saying over at the Adobe
forums,

"we have paid for a downgrade"

Specifically, Adobe dropped ImageReady and it is no longer possible to
create and share droplets for photo processing. Sure you can buy
Fireworks and learn it's powerful batch processing methods, but
then we would need to spend another $2,000 to purchase 20 seats
just to let other process photos. (Photoshop's droplets, are still
deficient... end of the actions will *not* let you over write existing files
without asking...)

OK, so, I'm back to Revolution to do what I've wanted to do for years:

Process the photos right inside Run Rev.

Downsizing, rotating,  setting the image data of a new image to the
scaled image
and saving as jpeg... all works fine...

But, I would like to build into the process a few discreet filters

I know about the macho photo processing stack that  I think
(was it Klaus, or some other Big Rev Brain in Europe)  made

but  the interface was a maze of things I would never use
(I don't need to turn real photos into Van Gogh! however
cool that might be...)

What we need is to  extract specific filters as discreet tools.
right now, all I want is:
-- auto levels
-- unsharp mask with a specific preset setting.

Has anyone done that yet? Extracted such
filters as discreet handlers?

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com