Vector illustrations in Revolution

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed May 23 19:08:12 EDT 2007

Recently, Phil Brouwer wrote:

> I see that vector is supported in the descriptions, but I have tried
> creating an illustrator file..and exported it in a couple formats...but
> Revolution does not recognize.  I am able to import jpg easily.
>
> What vector formats can be imported into Rev?

Revolution has it's own vector format, but currently doesn't support
importing of any common vector formats for editing. There is also no
subpixel positioning of points, which can make display of vector objects
somewhat coarse at times.

However, Alejandro Tejada has built some tools for importing rudimentary
Illustrator vectors into Rev.  You must use a version 7 or 8 generated
Illustrator file and I believe special effects/fills (?) are not supported,
though this may have changed.  Some links:

http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/mcEpsImportV03p.zip
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/Eps_Import_V04.zip

Hope this helps.

Regards,