Error in docs about "file creation date"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 23 17:54:26 EDT 2007

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:
> The best alternative would be to have a choice: There are even tools
> that allow you to save the EXIF data before editing and then add them
> again after the image has been changed, like "Exifer" for Windows.-
>
> Another remark concerning my request to add the EXIF creation date to
> the detailed files: I see that the detailed-files function also collects
> platform-specific information, where the information is simply left out
> for the corresponding item when it does not apply for a platform. The
> arguments of  Jim and Jaqueline need of course to be considered,
> especially the possible slowdown of data retrieval, but the extent of a
> decreased speed could be tested in practice.

Right now Rev uses the OS APIs to get the file info, so it's about as
efficient as it can be.

I can see the benefit of using EXIF, but since this requires additional
work and processing time, and only applies to a subset of a very small
number of file tyes, this sounds like an excellent candidate for an
external.

Anyone here interested in writing it?

--
  Richard Gaskin