How to find amazing stuff (was: Re: Where do I find Trevors Enhanced QT Externals?)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 23 11:59:09 EDT 2007

Roger.E.Eller wrote:
> The new Rev Search engine is nice, but like Rev Online and Rev Net, it has
> never worked for me (while at work - where it is needed most), but works
> fine from home. At work, there is a corporate firewall that requires
> authentication for outgoing connections to the internet. Web browsers
> prompt for user/pass, but Rev just sits and looks at me funny. I am willing
> to work with you off-list to help figure out the problem if you have some
> time.

If your network setup is affecting all of these tools, I wonder if it
may be best to go straight to the source and see if libURL could be
enhanced to support what you need.

Dave Cragg, any thoughts on this?  Is there perhaps something we could
be doing to accommodate Roger's network with what's in libURL now?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal