Error in docs about "file creation date"

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Tue May 22 19:56:22 EDT 2007

>The term "creation date" is misleading here, because what the
>detailed files retrieves is basically different from the real
>"creation date" of a camera image. Only in some cases is the
>detailed-files creation date identical with the creation date of the
>photo.
>
>Regards,
>
>Wilhelm Sanke

I can see that in case of photos, it would be nice to have a direct
access to the date the photo was taken, but I think it is still
correct that file creation date can but must not be the same as photo
(image = content) creation date, which is what you seemed to have
been asking for. May be one day the content creation date will become
another file attribute.

Robert