Another "This should be easy but ... How do you edit a line?

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Tue May 22 19:56:42 EDT 2007

Len,

I've done several programs similar to spreadsheets. In every case,
instead of drawing lines, I draw the grid lines in a drawing program,
MacDraft, where I have greater control of the appearance; then I save
the drawing as a JPG and use that to create an image which I can
display on the cards, placing transparent text fields over the image.
It could also be saved in a number of other graphic formats. I
haven't tried this when the "spreadsheet" is larger than the screen
and needs to be scrolled, but I suspect I could work out something
that would work, possibly by paging the data instead of scrolling it
line by line; or by partially paging by half or quarter pages, using
buttons instead of scroll bars. I just love to use drawings. (smile)

Joe Wilkins