VirtualStore location

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Mon May 21 20:43:10 EDT 2007

From: "Shari" <shari at gypsyware.com>

> Actually I didn't want to write to it, but to delete any VirtualStore
> files that MS created if a user decides to uninstall my software using my
> custom built (Rev menu item) uninstaller.  Right now, the Uninstaller
> looks for files the game may have created outside the game folder, and if
> they exist, deletes them.

Ah - I see.  Well it's going to be a tough job to achieve it. <g>   I know
some people who may know something alon these lines in the ASP.  I'll ask in
their technical newsgroup and see what it said.  May take a few days though,
and know promises of success.  ;-)

> With Windows becoming more and more nitpicky about what files you can
> update, my next release won't create or update any files or stacks in the
> program's folder any more.  All files, including stacks that get updated,
> will be installed in a hopefully writeable location.  During initial
> launch, it will check several SpecialFolderPath() options to see if they
> exist, and the first hit it finds, that's where the files will go.    But
> it means more files to Uninstall.....

That's the best way to go.  Which reminds me of something that I'll ask in
another thread "Code Signing".

> Mac is so clean.  I have so few troubles on Macs.  Microsnot is a bugger
> :-)

LOL!   I understand your feelings.  XP drops my ADSL connection as and when
it feels like it, quite random.  My Mac connects and never gives me a
problem. :-)

Scott Kane
Scott Kane
"There are two ways of being deceived.  One is to believe that which is not
true.  The other is to not believe that which is true." Søren Aabye
Kierkegaard