Error in docs about "file creation date"

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 21 15:50:26 EDT 2007

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> When a photo is taken, it gets a modification date at the same time,
> although it is - as it were - only modified out of non-existence.
> The creation date is generated when the image arrives on the computer,
> and a new creation date is generated each time the image is saved or
> copied. Simply "moving" an image to another folder does *not* change the
> creation date.

Wow, that sure doesn't seem right. I wonder if the editing app you are
using is saving the files by creating copies and then deleting the
originals? That might explain it. I know the Mac doesn't change creation
dates when just saving a file, and I haven't noticed it on XP either --
though I admit I do very little editing on that OS. Most of my image
editors are on the Mac.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com