WARNING BUG ! Rev fails to Communicate

Camm29 Camm29 at tesco.net
Sun May 20 14:36:07 EDT 2007

Mark , Thank you for a reply !

>> 1. You're not specifying an open mode. You need "update" here. I'm not
>> sure what the default mode is, but I wouldn't expect both read and
>> write to work unless I was explicit about this.

I thought update was the default , its works fine normally !
I will  try though !

>> 2. You're not checking for errors. Did the "open" work? Did the
>> "write" work?

On my script , open works and write , hangs pc on read i think !
On Sarah's script it hangs pc on Open !

>>>3. The "read" command allows you to specify a timeout in case
>>> something goes wrong. You're not specifying one.

I do have a timeout in reality , makes no difference !!!

>> 4. Do you really mean "only option is Reboot!"? You can't even bring
>> up the task manager to kill the process?

You bet ! no ctrl break , no task manager kill process , no nothing !!!
Only Reboot for my script and Sarah's !!

>IT ONLY FAILS WITH REVOLUTION APPLICATIONS  !!!!
>I'm stuffed until this is fixed.

>>> If you've got this working in C, why not just make a shim function as
>>> a C external and call that? Seems like the easy way out if you can't
>>> figure out how to make the rev calls work...

Well , that's why i use Rev , so i don't have to program in C any more.
What I mean in "C" based programs are programs like Hyperterminal and other
third party
Serial Port Monitors.
These all work perfect with the Virtual Device/Driver , so as far as
pretending to be a Com Port
it's okay on all programs except REV !!

I think it's a Rev issue that needs addressing URGENTLY !!

Best Regards
Camm