Build for Classic

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri May 18 23:18:48 EDT 2007

All good points Paul. I'm sure ancient Macs, and Apple II's are still in use
in some schools (though my publicly schooled daughter's 5th grade has only
OSX Macs and WinXP PCs). Too bad Apple didn't use Intel processors, or you
could load up the computer  with a version of Linux which works just fine. I
know there used to be a version of Linux for PowerPCs, but don't know if it
ever ran on an Apple--even so if it did, I doubt there were many authoring
tools which could compile for it.

Nice to see Apple's finally come around to the Intel architecture of things,
thus not forcing the 'planned hardware obsolescence' issue which we now have
with 'Classic.' At least with PC's, they always provided you a software
upgrade path...and didn't force you to buy all new hardware. And Linux runs
on most all old Intel machines.

I'm with Richard on this one. I can't imagine any features in a post
2.6version of Rev you'd *NEED* for Classic. Of course, I may be
missing some.

best,
Chipp