Revolution 2.8.1: a 240+ bug fixes/improvements! What about the remaining 1879?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri May 18 18:09:49 EDT 2007

On 5/18/07, Peter Alcibiades <palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Chipp, I think you may be drawing the wrong lesson.  Of course the bug you
> mention is not useful.  The problem is that the database contains
> it.  That
> tells you something.  Bill's remark, that the database contains lots of
> stuff
> that is already fixed also tells you something.  Its good news and bad
> news,
> its good about the bugs.  Its less good about the database.

'That tells you something' -- perhaps I'm just slow, but I'm not sure what
that tells me?

'its good news and bad news-good about the bugs, less good about the
database'

-Again, completely confused at the point you're trying to make.

Just to be clear, I was advocating a responsible and logical approach for
submitting and/or reporting bugs which if used would create even more
integrity in the database.

People have enormous goodwill towards Rev.  They will accept realistic
> targets
> that are met, even if those targets are less than what they want, and less
> than what the Rev team wants to deliver.  I think part of what Joel is
> saying
> may be:  pick a quantified realistic goal, communicate it, and stick to it
> and deliver it.  Even if it not what people would have liked, they will
> like
> this approach to delivering a given quantity of work much better than any
> possible alternative.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm still upset about promises broke concerning
flying cars and Dick Tracy watches ;-)