Build for Classic

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Fri May 18 17:16:45 EDT 2007

 From: "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com>

> With v2.9, v3.0, v4.0 and beyond, any version that includes Classic
> support will be short-lived, so the practice of using two versions of Rev
> will become the norm anyway not long after they release a new Classic
> engine.

I didn't really get into the Mac side of the world until a few years ago as
my career has me on Intel MS based machines since the 1980's and that's
pretty much where I "lived".  However I was given a Wallstreet G3 a few
years back from a Mac loving friend and discovered how delightful the Mac
is.  My main machines are still Windows boxes (my old DOS boxes are long
gone and I have one old Pentium II clunker running Ubuntu) and a Mac Mini.
However - I can run Panther on the G3 Wallstreet.   A little shareware tool
called AlPosto Facto (or some similar silly name) allows one to install it.
With OS9 running you install this tool  and then boot into a Jaguar install
CD, install Jaguar and then install Panther over the top.  So my little G3
runs Panther happily.  I admit I don't use it all the time but it is quite
responsive and great for doing simple stuff on  (like testing) even though I
generally tend to use my Mac Mini.  My point is maybe this is an option OS9
based schools could consider?

Scott Kane
"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is
possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is
impossible, he is very probably wrong."
Arthur C Clarke