Quitting standalone, is this a bug?

Michael Binder runr at prismpole.com
Thu May 17 19:57:26 EDT 2007

Hi Jacqueline,

You wrote:
> Ah, I see. Okay. Then you want:
>
>    put the id of this card of stack "myApp" into thisCd
>
> Now "thisCd" contains the id of the card. Or you could ask for the
> short
> name of the card if that's easier and your cards are all named.

I don't think that works.  That is (more or less) what I originally
tried.  From my original post:

> on shutdownrequest  -- this does not work as expected
>    if the short name of this cd is "dataEntry1" then
>       validateData1
>     else if the short name of this cd is "dataEntry2" then
>        validateData2
>     end if
>       offerChanceToSave
> end shutdownrequest

What I have found is that "this stack" doesn't evaluate
to the stack that the user is looking at.  Also "this card"
doesn't evaluate to the name or the ID of the card that the
user is looking at. (How could the engine know what "this
card" is if it doesn't even know what "this stack" is?)

Two things make me think that that this is a bug:
1) it behaves differently in the development and standalone
    environments

2) in the standalone environment the first Quit request
    behaves differently than the second and subsequent
    requests.

I have searched the list archives for help with Quitting.
(Thanks, especially, to Ken Ray for his contributions).
I know that there are plenty of projects out there that
need to trap the Quit command and do various things.  How
do others manage to figure out where the user was when the
Quit command was issued?

__Michael Binder