Quitting standalone, is this a bug?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu May 17 16:59:41 EDT 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 2:18 PM, Michael Binder wrote:

> Devon Asay wrote:
>
>> You might try this and see what happens:
>>
>>  if the style of this stack is topLevel then -- would only execute
>> if the stack receiving the shutdownrequest was non-modal.
>>
>>    if the visible of this stack then -- would ensure shutdownrequest
>> would only be handled in a visible stack
>
> Hi Devon,
> I don't think that is a solution.  The problem with your suggestion
> is that "this stack" does not evaluate to "myApp".

Did you try my other suggestion?

  answer "This stack: " & the mainstack of this stack & cr & "Quit
now?" etc.

> Likewise, when I write:  "the short name of this cd", it never
> evaluates to the name of the card that the user is quitting from.
>
> Did you try to replicate the bug with the example I gave?

Yes I did try it and it did just what you said. And that may or may
not be a bug. It seems more like a message hierarchy issue. It should
do what you want if instead of 'this stack' you refer to 'the
mainstack of this stack' or do a check like this:

on shutdownrequest
   if the short name of this stack = the short name of me then...
     etc.

It should only execute the statements in shutdownrequest if in fact
this stack is stack "myApp".

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University