Script Limits in 2.8.0 [was Spreadsheet]

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Wed May 16 15:44:05 EDT 2007

Which is why I said "then I thought better of the idea."

On 16/05/07, Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:

> And exactly how does 'letting them sue you' save money? Lawyers cost money
> no matter which side of a case they are on.

In reality though it would be a foolish company or individual to sue you if
they had absolutely no case, and if they did you could always represent
yourself, or better get a lawyer to defend you on a no-win-no-fee basis. If
you have the facts, ie the contract, the "comments in the code" etc and you
use conventional journalistic standards in reporting them, you should be on
fairly safe ground. Of course if you want to play really safe - you'd be
better taking it as a learning exercise - who to trust who not that sort of
thing.

On the other hand if as is often the case you really do not want people to
get away with that sort of thing, you are angry, and you want to forewarn
other people, simply letting it slide under the carpet may not be what you
are after. I still think there should be some sort of web site for
publishing these sort of stories. Companies and individuals would think
twice about ripping someone off, whereas as it is at the moment they know
they are likely to get away with it. The counter problem of course is
spurious claims - but these would be subject to libel in the normal way for
any publication.