Flash movies in Rev players on Windows ?

Professor Andrew Lian andrew.lian at andrewlian.com
Tue May 15 20:08:51 EDT 2007

i Scott,

Try http://www/zmzar.com It is a website which transforms from one format to
another at no cost (it also does a host of other conversions).

Hope that helps
Andrew

On 5/15/07, jbv <jbv.silences at club-internet.fr> wrote:

> Scott,
>
> Well, I should probably update what I know about altBrowser...
> I never really used it, only downloaded a demo a couple of years
> ago...
> According to your answer, the "browser window" can be integrated
> in a stack and is transparent to the end user... if so, that's probably
> what I'm looking for...
>
> In the meantime, I was wondering if there could be any way to
> convert flash files to some format that could be read in a player
> via Windows Media Player... But I've been working 15 hrs in a
> row and am probably just spacing out...
>
> Best,
> JB

> > > Mmmh... don't think so...
> > >
> > > I'm asked to build a front end app that will launch flash movies
> > > but "no QT installer" and "no browser" are the main requests...
> >
> > How does using altBrowser constitute using a browser when it is part of
> > stack that you can design any way you want?  How would anyone know that
> > you're using a browser-based engine to display Flash content and why
> would
> > this matter anyway?  Last I checked, Flash is designed to run as a
> > standalone process (no player needed) or in a Web browser.

Dr Andrew Lian
Professor and Chair
Dept. of Foreign Languages and Literatures
Western Illinois University
Macomb, IL, 61455, USA
e-mail: AP-Lian at wiu.edu; website: http://www.andrewlian.com
Phone: +1 (309) 298-1558; Fax: +1 (309) 298-1060

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are. (Anaïs Nin)
The universe is made up of stories, not atoms (Muriel Rukeyser)