Connect to SQL Server via ODBC on Mac?

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Tue May 15 14:20:55 EDT 2007

Ben Rubinstein wrote:
> Your suggestion inspired me to downlaod and try the current Actual
drivers.
> Unfortunately, after installing this, the Actual driver doesn't work at
all
> (even just in the ODBC Administrator) - and the installation seems to
have
> trashed my OpenLink setup!  Aaargh.
>
> But thanks both for taking the time to reply.
>
> Meanwhile, is there anybody out there connecting to SQL Server over ODBC
using
> any version of Rev since 2.7.1, succesfully or otherwise?
>
> TIA,
>
> - Ben

Ben, I am sorry that it trashed your setup. Thinking back, I believe we
were running Panther when we tried it. Even though it worked, the cost was
a factor too since we had 100+ users, so we went with MySQL instead.

Even MySQL access via Rev has been broken in versions newer than 2.6.1
(including the latest 2.8.x release candidates), so we haven't moved
foreward. One thing I have determined is that where the Rev MySQL queries
once were NOT case-sensitive for table names, etc., they now ARE. And of
course this breaks existing stacks that were working fine in 2.6.1 (even if
they shouldn't have been).

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>