classic mac apps in 2.8

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Mon May 14 12:28:19 EDT 2007

Mark,

thanks ill try that out. i think that should work fine as i have not
really done anything that is all that new in these stacks. i can also
just continue with the 2.6 and the just open the stack in 2.8 and
create the osx and pc apps with that. that way there should be no
backwards feature gotchas (and hopefully no forward feature gotchas!)

is there a list of features anywhere that are post legacy 2.4 format
for those old classic developers to keep an eye on if we need to move
to this process in the future? ie features/calls to avoid to keep
things legacy kosher? Legacy format is not even mentioned in 2.8 docs.

Does anyone know if the classic engine will be updated for classic
app creation in the 2.8 version? its in there as coming in 2.8.x and
it is listed as a feature on the web site. perhaps some coming soon
needs to be put on the web site for the classic support or just
remove that or the caveat that its only good up to v2.6 for total
cross platform support.

yes classic is old, but still going very strong in the education
market. almost impossible not to have a classic version of software
you try to publish through a publisher still, especially in the lower
grades where computers are held onto forever...

Sorry i am just moving up from v2.6x to 2.8, as an education
developer i am on the slow side to upgrade as that market is a few
years behind the times in lower grades! They are just now thinking
that vista and intel macs will be something to deal with in the not
to distant future!

cheers,

jeff reynolds

On May 14, 2007, at 3:35 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com