Script Limits in 2.8.0 [was Spreadsheet]

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sun May 13 16:57:38 EDT 2007

>Robert Brenstein wrote:
>>Another example: scientific applications where users can enter
>>their own functions for analyzing, processing, or displaying some
>>data.
>
>Given how few scientists also have Rev experience, is it necessary
>that the functions be written in Transcript?
>
>What sorts of functions would be needed?
>
>--
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation

I meant an application, written as Rev app, that handles some
scientific data and allows users to enter functions which my program
uses to process data. Those functions (functions in mathematical not
Transcript sense) could be a few lines of code or a few hundred,
including subroutines. When programming such an app in traditional
language, I'd include own parser, but doing so in Transcript would
have been counterproductive. Anyway, this is a history for me. The
specific app I had opportunity to market would have dealt with
biochemical data (from experiments).