Script Limits in 2.8.0 [was Spreadsheet]

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun May 13 11:28:17 EDT 2007

No - I don't think this makes sense - I wish it did. Allowing you to add as
many lines of code as you want and create your own IDE would mean you could
recreate an app with RunRev IDE functionality and release this as a binary
without needing anything from RunRev - hence the script limits? RunRev may
be encouraging alternative IDE's but thats not the same as being able to
release a straight competative product based only on purchasing a single
user license?

On the other hand I do not see why they don't free up the script limits and
use the law to enforce the non-competing IDE thing - though I'd say that in
the long term none of this is going to make any sense to anyone.