Spreadsheet

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun May 13 10:49:12 EDT 2007

Thanks everyone - yes using Rev syntax would hit the Script limits using
"do" - but I think:

    put value(field "cell 1,3" + field "cell 1,4" / field "cell 1,5") into

Would not be subject to this, using SQL syntax is also interesting - I would
like to use the same syntax that people would use in Excel / OpenOffice...
so I am thinking of creating a parser for this...

With regard to the OpenOffice code - its a fragment at the moment, and all
it does is unzip the file and read the folder / XML structure... it is not
useful yet, and I plan to get this ready for a number of similar formats to
release later.

My guess with regard to a general spread sheet object would be to take a
table and then add a custom property which would contain any "formulae"
referenced by cell (ie 2,5). An evaluate function would then loop through
this custom property array and evaluate each of the formulae - replacing /
updating the contents of the cell - I have never used the Rev table object
because of difficulty in hacking it - and here you would need to intercept
the Rev table object calls when editing a formula cell - does anyone have
any experience of trapping Rev table calls - is when editing the cell?