Spreadsheet

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Sun May 13 10:16:24 EDT 2007

Hi Bill,
check the Rev documentation (2.8.0) dictionary on scriptLimits and script
property:

..when using a standalone application, an object's script property may not
be set to a string containing more than ten statements. This limit is set by
line 1 of the scriptLimits function. (This does not limit scripts that are
already written: standalone applications can run scripts of any length.
However, if the standalone attempts to change an object's script property,
and the script contains more than the allowable number of statements, the
attempt to set the script causes an error.)...

It is likely to prevent somebody using Revolution studio to create a
competing RAD environment. Unfortunately this also prevents from
implementing any kind of scripting, or complex formula translations which
would not compete with the RAD in any way. Therefore in order to implement
end-user scripting for own products (like allowing user to create decision
trees with formulas in nodes) some of us have to resort to other languages
via shell or SQL92/95 as alternatives. I guess the most efficient way is to
use SQL because of its tight integration with Revolution through its
database modules.

Best!
Viktoras