performance of RevXML

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu May 10 19:43:28 EDT 2007

Klaus,

> does anyone have some experience/hints with/for the performance of  RevXML
> with big XML files? [...] we want to avoid using a "real" database engine.

Your biggest issue with "big" anything is memory usage, because the source
table and any transformations you do with it are stored in RAM. As your data
gets larger and larger, you run the risk of slowing down considerably or
even running out of it. Not everyone has a gigabyte or more to play with.

The advantage of using a "real" database engine, like SQLite integrated with
Rev 2.8.1, is that you'll be able to manipulate large tables with
high-performance SQL commands, keeping your memory footprint down to just
what is needed for on-screen display.

- Bill