contextual menu cursor image

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 9 23:04:41 EDT 2007

Stephen Barncard wrote:
> Anyone out there have a little .png file with the 16x16 'contextual
> menu' image?
>
> THis is the one with a little menu (looks like a ladder) to the right
> of a standard arrow and it is not a standard Rev cursor (but a
> standard carbon cursor in osx.)

Weird:  Apple doesn't use it themselves (at least not in their most
widely used app, the Finder, or in Preview, Stickies, or iMovie), but
they do spec it here:

<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/XHIGCursors/chapter_15_section_2.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40002724-TPXREF101>

If we had a message notifying us when the Control key is down without
another key or a mouseDown I'd probably start using it.  I guess in the
meantime we'd have to poll for that, no?

Maybe Apple's onto something in blowing that off that part of their own
spec. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation