Improved Linux Chooser Widgets #3.01 - Last Stage Beta

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Wed May 9 22:10:13 EDT 2007

Colleagues:

I have improved my chooser widgets for Linux.
Full details can be viewed at:
http://www.howsoft.com/runrev/stacks.htm

Briefly:

This version of the widgets (#3.01) should run on most Linux distros.
However, regarding a few small details, special preference has been
given to Ubuntu.

The choosers can be used for file selection ("Open", or "Save As"
functions with or without a suggested file name), or for choosing
FOLDERS only.

Since they were developed in Rev/Linux 2.6.1, there are 2 issues
remaining regarding their general use and distribution. As soon as the
new Rev/Linux is ready, I will re-compile them, and hopefully no further
issues (even small ones) will remain.

I have plenty of ideas about how to improve these widgets even further
in the future. What I am currently concerned with is to make absolutely
sure they are 100% bug-free as they stand. PLEASE DO TRY THEM OUT and
let me know if you find anything wrong with them at all, regardless of
how small.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bob