fields disappearing when grabing them

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Wed May 9 15:08:54 EDT 2007

Hi,
In a stack, I have groups of fields so that when one is visible the
others are invisible.
Each field has its "lockText" and "list behavior" properties set to
true.
The user can edit the visible field by means of buttons (adding or
deleting a line).
So, the number of lines (the lenght of lines too), can increase or
decrease ;
When the content is changing, the size of the field is automatically
adapted (using formattedHeight and formattedWidth).

Consequently, I would like that the user could change at will the
position of the field in the card.

So I am trying  to use "if command key is down then grab me" in the
script of each field.

BUT, MY PROBLEM is that, when grabing it, parts of the field
disappear (and possibly the entire field) as if it was sliding under
other (invisible) objects !! that, in fact, do not exist there
(except the invisible other fields of the group)

For a while, I supposed that this was due to the other fields of the
group (?), so I set all of them to "transparent" (opaque property to
false). But that does not work.

What am I doing wrong ? could it be a problem of "group boundary" ??
Is there a solution ?

I hope my explanations are not too unclear !

Thanks a lot in advance for any solution or idea to solve this problem

Best regards from Grenoble
André